Replacement Image Reconstruction Computer for a Ceretom Portable CT Scanner Instrument
|Agency:||Department of Health and Human Services|
|Level of Government:||Federal|
|Posted Date:||May 15, 2019|
|Due Date:||May 20, 2019|
May 15, 201910:23 am
NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL OR SOLICITATION
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is conducting market research to support the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) requirement for a replacement image reconstruction computer for a Ceretom Portable CT Scanner instrument.
The FDA is seeking small business sources to determine the availability and capability of small businesses capable of providing the required services. Other than small business concerns are also encouraged to submit capability statements. The following information is provided to assist the FDA in conducting Market Research to identify potential contractors for this effort:
The associated North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) Code is-334516- Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing; Small Business Size Standard is 1,000 employees.
The Ceretom Portable CT Scanner instrument is currently utilized at the National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR) Bio-Imaging Facility to support numerous protocols where imaging techniques are utilized to determine toxicological insult on animal specimens. The Ceretom CT scanner is used in conjunction with a Siemens Focus 220 microPET scanner in the Bio-Imaging facility at NCTR. It is utilized to support in vivo, non-invasive scanning to characterize transient and permanent neural responses via different types of intervention including chemical and biological compounds in small animals including juvenile and adolescent non-human primates. Experiments will be directed as neuro-imaging of live subjects and will be an ongoing study to characterize immediate neural expression and compound effects within the brain structures of test subjects. The Ceretom CT Scanner was serviced in August 2018. During this service call, it was discovered that the image reconstruction computer, which is required for the Ceretom CT Scanner to be operational, was failing. In order to keep this vital piece of equipment fully functional, this requirement is to purchase a replacement computer and have it installed on the existing CT Scanner.
The objective of this request is to replace a failing computer that is a vital to a very important piece of equipment utilized in multiple protocols within the Bio-Imaging Facility.
The contractor will be responsible for providing the image reconstruction computer, a parts kit necessary for install (NL3000 Access Point), and installation of the computer (includes travel and service hours needed for installation). The computer shall have appropriately sized and up-to-date processor, memory and hard drive capacity large enough to support high-resolution images, a high-resolution monitor, and have an operating system equivalent to Windows 7 or greater. Advanced visualization software with 2D, 3D, and Multi-planar reconstruction (MPR) imaging capabilities must be installed. The computer and software must be fully compatible with the existing Ceretom CT Scanner.
Installation, Training and Additional System Requirements.
The contractor shall provide in-side delivery and installation. Offered reconstruction computer shall be a turn-key solution i.e. the contractor shall be responsible for providing all hardware, components, computers, software, and that otherwise required to meet these specifications and the FDA's stated need. The systems shall be delivered with all necessary supplies and accessories required for installation.
Applicable Section 508 standards.
• Must meet WCAG 2.0 A and AA
• E101.2 Equivalent Facilitation (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• E203 Access to Functionality (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• E204 Functional Performance Criteria (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• E205 Electronic Content (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• 302 Functional Performance Criteria (Appendix C, Functional Performance Criteria and Technical Requirements)
• Electronic content must be accessible to HHS acceptance criteria. Checklist for various formats are available at http://508.hhs.gov/, or from the Section 508 Coordinator listed at https://www.hhs.gov/web/section-508/additional-resources/section-508-contacts/index.html. Materials that are final items for delivery should be accompanied by the appropriate checklist, except upon approval of the Contracting Officer or Representative.
• E206 Hardware (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• E207 Software (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• E208 Support Documentation and Services (Appendix A, Application and Scoping Requirements)
• Chapter 4 Hardware (Appendix C, Functional Performance Criteria and Technical Requirements)
• Chapter 5 Software (Appendix C, Functional Performance Criteria and Technical Requirements)
• Chapter 6 Support Documentation and Services (Appendix C, Functional Performance Criteria and Technical Requirements)
FOB Point Destination. All items/services shall include shipping, handling, in-side delivery, installation, travel and labor to the destination identified herein. Delivery/installation date is within 90 calendar days after receipt of order. FOB Point of Delivery for Services and Supplies will be the FDA located at 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079.
The offeror shall furnish sufficient information necessary for the Government to conclusively determine that respondents would be able to provide the specified services meeting the technical requirements identified above. Though the target audience is small businesses all interested parties may respond. At a minimum, responses shall include the following:
• Business name, DUNS number, business address, business website, business size status (i.e., SB, VOSB, SDVOSB, HUBZone SB, SDB, WOSB, LB), point of contact name, mailing address (if different from business address), phone number and email address;
• Sufficient descriptive literature that unequivocally demonstrates that offered products and services can meet the above requirements. All descriptive material necessary for the government to determine whether the service/product offered meets the technical requirements including: technical specifications, descriptive material, literature, brochures and other information, which demonstrates the capabilities of the contractor to meet the requirement.
• Three (3) years of past performance service information, if not the manufacturer of the equipment identified herein, where the respondent has provided same or substantially similar service solutions on the same or near-same brand name equipment. For each past performance reference include the date of sale and service, description of service provided and the manufacturer name, model and serial number(s) of the equipment serviced, dollar value of those services, client names, client addresses, client point of contact names, client point of contact mailing address (if different from that provided for client), client point of contact phone numbers, and client point of contact email address;
• Documentation, if not the manufacturer of the equipment identified herein, of technical competency on the operation and repair of the brand name equipment. Such documentation should include certification from the original equipment manufacturer or other training certificates within the past calendar year.
• Capability and understanding of accessibility testing and customization to conform with the applicable Section 508 standards identified herein.
• If applicable, identification of the firm's GSA Schedule contract(s) by Schedule number and SINs that are applicable to this potential requirement.
• If a large business, identify the subcontracting opportunities that would exist for small business concerns;
• Standard commercial warranty on services and payment terms; and
• Though this is not a request for quote, informational pricing is encouraged.
The government is not responsible for locating or securing any information, not identified in the response.
The Government encourages any comments and/or suggestions from any interested party, regarding the specifications. While the Government will not respond directly to your comments and/or suggestions; we will consider them as we finalize the specifications in preparation for the forthcoming solicitation.
Interested Parties shall respond with capability statements which are due in person, by postal mail or email to the point of contact listed below on or before May 20, 2019 by 13:00 hours (Central Time in Jefferson, Arkansas) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to the Food and Drug Administration, OO/OFBA/OAGS/DAP, Attn: Nick Sartain, 3900 NCTR Road, Building 50, Room 422, Jefferson, AR 72079-9502. Reference FDA1212379.
Notice of Intent
Responses to this sources sought announcement will assist the Government in determining whether or not any future requirement similar to this one should be set aside for small business, made available to full and open competition or procure through sole-source acquisition procedures.
Disclaimer and Important Notes
This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After a review of the responses received, a pre-solicitation synopsis and solicitation may be published in FedBizOpps. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation.
No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s).
Bldg 50 | Rm 421
Jefferson, Arkansas 72079
Jefferson, Arkansas 72079
TRY FOR FREE
Not a USAOPPS Member Yet?
Get unlimited access to thousands of active local, state and federal government bids and awards in All 50 States.